Its nearly the end of 2016 and HTC is back with a bolt.HTC just launched its new smartphone.In 2011 HTC teamed up with Verizon and came up with the worlds first 4G Smartphone.Well this year HTC has teamed up with Sprint Network and launched the Bolt.The HTC bolt is the first smartphone on Sprints Network to support 3×20 MHz carrier which is supported on Qualcomm’s x10 LTE modem.Sprint is calling the HTC Bolt the fastest smartphone ever.Inspired from HTC 10 the Bolt has a 5.5 inch screen.The bolt is HTC’s first ever waterproof smartphone.
HTC Bolt at a glance:
- Body: Aluminum unibody, 8.09mm thick, design identical to HTC 10 but with IP57 water-resistance
- Screen: 5.5-inch QHD, Super LCD 3 with 2.5D Gorilla Glass 5
- Chipset: Snapdragon 810 – octa-core CPU up to 2.0GHz
- Audio: Boom Sound Adaptive earbuds, Hi-Res audio certified, three microphones with noise cancelation
- Memory: 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, expandable via microSD card tray
- OS: Android Nougat 7.0 with HTC Sense
- Camera: 16MP, 4K video recording
- Camera features: 29.3mm wide angle f/2.0 lens, PDAF, BSI sensor, Hi-res audio recording, OIS, Dual LED flash, Pro controls, RAW support
- Selfie Cam: 8MP, 1080p video capable
- Battery: 3,200mAh battery, Quick Charge 2.0 via USB-C
- Security: Front fingerprint scanner, unlocks in 0.2 seconds
- Connectivity: Cat 9 LTE with LTE band 41 (up to 450Mbps DL speed);Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac 2.5GHz or 5GHz; Bluetooth 4.1; NFC; USB-C.
HTC Bolt will be shipping with Boom Sound supported earphones,a Fast charger..etc.The smartphone similar to the Apple’s I-phone 7 series has a headphone jack missing.The earphones will be connected via the USB-c port in the device.
The Bolt looks similar to the HTC 10 with a metal unibody design,a 5.5 inch screen.One noticable change is the flatining of the back pannel of the smartphone,which was curvy with the HTC 10.The in hand feel of the Bolt is similar to the HTC 10.The Bolt is on a heavier side when compared to HTC 10 measuring excatly 174g a bit more than HTC 10.The ovweall build of the phone is premium,it is about the sames size of Google Pixel XL with a 5.5 inch screen which is protected by Gorrilla Glass 5.
HTC Bolt surprisingly uses an outdated and not so good processor the Snapdragon 810,while its competition is already geared up with Snapdragon 821 and 830.The Snapdragon 810 has 4 fast cortex-A57 Cores clocked at 2.0 GHZ and 4 energy efficient 1.5 GHZ cortex A-53 cores.The graphics are handled by Adreno 430 GPU and 3GB of RAM.The 16 MP rear camera is a descent shooter which takes some good shots.Here are a few samples.
All in all HTC’s Bolt is an impressive smartphone,which challenges its own boundaries with the outdated specs.Will it be ablie to last against its competition,only time will tell.