The wearable tech department has experienced a major boom in the recent years.Gear s3 is Samsung’s 3rd attempt to tie some tech around our wrist.Well it is said that 3rd time is the charm and Samsung is all ready to support that statement with its latest set of wearable The Gear s3.
- 1.3″ Full Circle Super AMOLED display, 360 x 360 pixels, 278ppi, 46mm diameter, protected by Gorilla Glass SR+
- Samsung Exynos 7270, dual-core 1.0GHz 14nm CPU, 768MB RAM, 4GB internal storage
- 380 mAh (3G) Li-Ion battery
- 49 x 46 x 12.9mm, 63g (Frontier) /59g (Classic)
- Stainless steel 316L casing with rotating ring control, IP-68 certified, water-resistant for up to 30 minutes and up to 1 meter deep plus MIL-STD-810G standard compliant
- Tizen-based wearable platform
- Heart rate sensor, gyro, accelerometer, barometer, ambient light, GPS/Glonass
- Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, MST and 4G in LTE Frontier model
- Microphone with S-Voice support and speaker
- Wireless charging (WPC Inductive)
- Support for non-Samsung devices as well
PACKAGING AND DESIGN:-
Cearing on the design philosophy of the Gear s2,Samsung has perfected its design this time.The packaging is neet and simple the watch comes in a case which someone could misunderstand for a perfume bottle,other than that the build of the box is good it comes along with a charging dock and charging cable.The Gear s3 is a perfect combination of hardware and software made for each other,the Gear S3 comes in two variants a classic variant for the businessman and a sports varient for your inner sportsperson.Samsung still rocks the rotating bezel from the Gear S2 a unique way of navigating through the functions.
Cumming to the controls the rotating navigation wheel helps you navigate.The 1.3 inch Super Amoled touch screen also helps in quick navigation and other features.The trizen based UI is designed very well and helps perform tasks with ease.The heart rate monitor situated at the bottom of the watch is also very accurate.
The gear s3 packs a Snapdragon 400,4GB of storage and 768MB of RAM,Exynos 7 Dual 7270, and a 380mAh battery which would det you to about 4 days of usage on a single charge.
FITNESS AND APPS:-
Fitness tracking is a big part of the gear S3,the companion S-health app is specially designed for the Gear S3 which makes tracking your daily activities really simple. It tracks steps and runs, calories, heart rate as well as coffee and water intake (if you care enough to input those on every consumption). This time around, there is also Floor tracking etc.
Other apps which are included in the box are Phone, Email and Messages,You can browse your call history and place a call to any entry on the list, favorite contact or even punch in a number.Features like Altimeter plus,barometer and find my phone are also available.
Priced at around $499 (Rs 34,930) is an expensive but the best of its class.If we compare the Samsung Gear S3 to its competition ie,Apples i-watch,moto 360-2 etc the Gear S is a straight winner when it comes to performance and features and Samsung has also improved the battery life to upto 4 days on a single charge.Well If you can afford it its the best the market can offer and is worth the title of the worlds most advanced wearable tech.