If you people remember Huawei launched the Porshe design Mate 9 along with the regular Mate 9.Well only the noticable diffrence between the two was that the Porsche design looked more prmium with the Porsche logo and a super AMOLED screen.Fast forward a couple of months and Juawei is back with another Mate the Mate 9 Pro this time.Similar to the Porsche design Mate 9 but a lot cheaper.Finally theres a phone by Huawei that is ectremely sexy and beautiful and has a premium look to it.
Huawei Mate 9 Pro at a glance: Specs Sheet
- Body:Aluminum unibody, 2.5D Gorilla Glass 3 front
- Screen: 5.5″ curved AMOLED with 1440 x 2,560px resolution (534ppi)
- Camera: Leica co-engineered dual camera: 20MP monochrome/12MP color sensors, f2.2, 27mm equiv. focal length, 4-in-1 hybrid autofocus (phase/laser/contrast/depth sensing); dual-LED, dual-tone flash; 2160p and 1080p @ 30/60fps video capture
- Selfie cam: 8MP f/1.9; 26mm lens; 1080p @ 30fps video capture
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat with Huawei EMUI 5.0 overlay
- Chipset: Kirin 960 chipset: Octa-core CPU (4xCortex-A73@2.4GHz + 4xCortex-A53@1.8GHz), i6 co-processor, octa-core Mali-G71 GPU
- Memory: 6GB of RAM; 128GB storage
- Battery: 4,000mAh Li-Po (sealed); Fast charging
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE-A (Cat. 12 600/150Mbps); USB-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo; IR port
- Misc: Stereo speakers; Fingerprint reader
- A Smaller display when compared with the Mate 9
- No expandable storage
- No weather Profing
- And of cource no FM Radio
Huawei Mate 9 Pro lives up to its premoum expectation straignt from the retail unit.The box looks and feels premium,the presentation is outstanding.Inside the main retail uit box you get two aditional boxes,one containing a 22.5w power charger USB c enabled,a micro USB to USB C adn apter and the other box has the device itself.Other things include a sim ejecter tool,a transparent case.
When it comes to design The Huawei mate 9 pro looks more than identical to Samsung’s S7 edge from the body design to the placement of the buttons and the fingureprint scanner looks identical to the S7 edge.
Display And Battery life:-
Huawei Mate 9 pro comes with a 5.5 inch curved Super AMOLED screen,though it is smaller than the previous version but has a higher pixel density excatly 1440p.Unlike Samsung the Super Amoled 5.5 screen is not over saturated with colours but is plesent to the eye and the curved glass gives the display a far better edge than its competiton.
Battery:- Huawei Mate 9 Pro packs the same 4000Mah battery as its predessor and it lives up to its expecitation The Mate 9 Pro will easily last a whole day on a single charge with regular and heavy use though you may need to charge it again at night but here is where the fast charger saves your time and fully charges the smartphone from 0-100 in roughly an hour.
Huawei Mate 9 pro is powered by the same kirin 960 Soc we saw in the previous Huawei Mate 9,it is developed by huawei itself to better optimise the performance of the device.The main processor in the chipset consists of a quad core cortex A-73 cluster clocked at 2.4GHz plus a quad core cortex of A-53 clocked at 1.8GHz it helps the Huawei Mate 9 proto boost its performance by about 30% when compared to the pevious devices.
The Huawei Mate 9 pro comes with a 20MP rear and a 12MP front camera each of these have their own 27mm f/22 aperture lenses the cameras are optically stableised and take excelent sots both in picture and video.During the day the cameras take perfect shots but as the night comes the low light photography of the Huawei Mate 9 pro suffers a little the images are not that crisp and sometimes are a little out of focus.
Huawei Mate 9 pro is the best successor to the Mate series,meeting the markets demand for the premium segment and hitting it hard with the other premium smartphone brands.If you carry this phone with you,people start noticing you and know that you mean business.
Do share this article and follow Tech Toyzz on other social media Platforms: